Elevit Iodine Multivitamin Tablets 100
Elevit with Iodine is a once-daily vitamin and mineral supplement for pregnancy. It is specially formulated to meet the needs of women who are trying to conceive or are pregnant and provide baby with the best possible nutritional support. It contains 800mcg folic acid, shown to reduce neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Elevit is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida by 92%.
It also contains iron to help prevent iron deficiency and iodine to assist in the development of baby's brain.
Elevit with Iodine contains the highest levels of iron, folic acid and iodine in combination than any other pregnancy multivitamin available in New Zealand.
It also contains a range of ingredients to help meet your changed nutritional requirements throughout conception and pregnancy.
Elevit with Iodine Ingredients
Vitamin B1 1.55 mg
Vitamin B2 1.8 mg
Vitamin B3 19 mg
Vitamin B5 10 mg
Vitamin B6 2.6 mg
Vitamin B12 4.0 µg
Vitamin C 100 mg
Vitamin D3 12.5 µg
Vitamin E 15 mg
Vitamin H 200 µg
Folic Acid 800 µg
Calcium 125 mg
Iron 60 mg
Magnesium 100 mg
Phosphorus 125 mg
Copper 1 mg
Manganese 1 mg
Zinc 7.5 mg
Iodine 250 µg
Ministry of Health recommends 800mcg folic acid, 220mcg iodine and 27mg iron daily during pregnancy
Only Elevit with Iodine contains a range of essential nutrients, as recommended by the Ministry of Health and is clinically proven to reduce neural tube defects by 92%1
How to take Elevit with Iodine: Take one tablet daily, or as directed by your Healthcare Professional. Take Elevit with Iodine if possible for at least one month before pregnancy, throughout pregnancy and the breast-feeding period. Please read the enclosed leaflet.
Do not take Elevit with Iodine if:
1. you have had an allergic reaction to Elevit with Iodine, or any of the Ingredients in Elevit with Iodine. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include swelling, itching, rash or breathing difficulties.
2. you have kidney disease
3. you have excessive amounts of vitamin D, calcium or iron in your blood
4. your body cannot process copper or large amounts of iron
5. the package is torn or shows signs of tampering
6. the expiry date printed on the pack has passed. If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well. If you are not sure if you should be taking ELEVIT with IODINE, talk to your pharmacist, midwife or doctor. Do not give Elevit with Iodine to children. Elevit with Iodine is only for women who are trying to become pregnant, and those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please talk to your healthcare professional if you have any concerns prior to use.